- People whose issues are within the areas of law practiced by the Clinic.
- People who live in our catchment area from Cochrane to Hornepayne.
- People whose income and assets are within the guidelines set by Legal Aid Ontario for representation.
* Financial guidelines are not considered when the staff provide only summary advice.
General Information on Eligibility
We can only help you if you are living on a low income. However, we may be able to provide some summary advice even if your income is higher than our limits.
If your main source of family income is one of the following, then you automatically qualify financially for our services:
- Ontario Works (OW)
- Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
- Old Age Security Pension with Guaranteed Income Supplement
- War Veterans’ Allowance
- Canada Pension Plan (if CPP is the primary source of family income)
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) which are temporary or threatened
If you do not qualify financially because your source of income is not one of those listed above, then financial eligibility will be based on your family size and family income, as well as the assets that you own.
There are discretionary factors which can be taken into consideration. Please call us to find out if you qualify.