How We Can Help
We provide free legal services for low income residents from Cochrane to Hornepayne.
Contact us for help.
We can help with issues/concerns with:
- Housing Law – For tenants only not landlords
- Canada Pension Plan (CPP) – CPP Disability denial
- Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) – ODSP denial or various issues
- Ontario Works (OW) – Various Issues
- Consumer Issues – Payday loans, collection agencies etc.
- Traffic / Provincial Offences – Duty counsel in court or representation
We also give legal information presentations to community agencies and members of the public.
If we can’t help you, we will refer you to someone who might be able to assist you.
How We Help
We start by advising clients of their legal rights or make a referral.
Sometimes we will help you by preparing documents (for example, an application to the Landlord and Tenant Board).
We can represent qualifying clients in courts or tribunals, such as the Social Benefits Tribunal or the Landlord and Tenant Board.
All information you give us about your legal issue is confidential – whether we are providing you with advice, referring you to somewhere else for help or representing you at a court or tribunal. The only exceptions are if we hear information that shows a likelihood of serious harm to you or others or if we get a request from Legal Aid Ontario for financial information that shows that you qualify for our services.